Monday, December 26, 2011

gingerbread cheesecake


After the pumpkin-fest that is Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to try a slightly different kind of holiday dessert on Christmas Day. This cheesecake, which is slightly modified from one I found on allrecipes, was wonderful. (Perhaps I should say IS wonderful, since I just consumed the slice in the picture above.)

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar (or less)
1/4 cup butter

3 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3 eggs

Instructions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix crumbs, butter, and sugar; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.

Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until blended. Add molasses, vanilla and spices, and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each until blended. Pour mixture over crust.

Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until the center is almost set. Cool completely and run a knife around the rim of the pan to loosen cake before removing the rim. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before consuming.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment