Friday, September 14, 2012

FPT: blueberry banana pancakes

Since I forgot to make more bread last night, and since I've decided to do away with the Boy's sugary cereal bars, I had to come up with something quick for breakfast this morning and decided to take the opportunity to sneak some good fruits into the meal. Frozen blueberries are a must, in my book -- buy blueberries on sale, then freeze. You can use them in so many recipes and they freeze quite well. I also happened to have a couple bananas, so used one as the "sweetener" (my nutritionist friend says a banana counts as 2 servings of fruit due to its sugars). Here is the result...

Blueberry Banana Pancakes

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup white flour
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey (optional)
1/2 cup blueberries (smushed)
1 banana (smushed)

Combine all ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto a hot griddle or frying pan. When the top is starting to bubble, flip.

The Boy said... yummies! (Note, however, the rejected pieces on the left. Those were the ones in which he found suspicious dark blue blobs.)


No comments:

Post a Comment