Friday, February 18, 2011

the halcy-wha?

I used to assume that my life would progress along an unbroken line, like a drive on a well-kept, straight road. Even when I could not see very far ahead of me, I had faith that the road was there and I was on it, heading in the same direction as always. At some point around my 30th birthday, I realized that I was no longer on the road. Not only that, but I wasn't even sure where the road was, and was fairly certain that I had not been on it for some time. I was lost in the byways, no longer knowing where my life was heading.

The Halcyon Apothecary was a story I worked on several years ago, about the same time I think I left the road. In the story, the Halcyon - and its steward, the Apothecary - was where people went to find peace and to find calm. As someone who tends toward worry, peace is a concept I find appealing. While I spend some time exploring the byways of my life, I will try to make my home to be a place of peace and my life to reflect, in some manner, the calm, loving nature of the Apothecary.

The purpose of this blog is to document my random explorations for those who care enough to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment